Thursday, October 24, 2013

comments on Blogger

This post was written by CrowningCrone 

For a few weeks now I’ve been unable to post comments on Blogger.  Although the majority of blogs I follow are here on WordPress and I’m the first to encourage anyone setting up a blog to use WordPress rather than Blogger, there are a few blogs I follow which matter to me and they happen to be set up on Blogger.

Imagine my frustration in not being able to leave a comment!  Part of what makes the Blogosphere such an important part of my world, is the interaction that takes place on blogs I follow.  Today I decided, enough was enough and I was going to find a solution to this.

My initial query showed me that I was not the only one having this problem.  I’m a great believer in there being a solution!  The www did not let me down.   I found the solution, implemented it and it worked.

The solution?  It’s all about enabling third-party cookies on your browser.  And no, you don’t have to know what that is to make it work.  I use Firefox as my browser so here is the link to the solution I used:  Firefox

For other browsers you can find the solution here and if for some reason, neither of these links help you, simply Google “how to enable third-party cookies using………………….fill in the blank with your browser name.

Here’s to no longer being a ghost on Blogger!


No comments:

Post a Comment